SETTING GOALS YOU WILL ACHIEVE
Many people spend their lives drifting from one job to another, or rushing around trying to get more done while actually accomplishing very little. Setting SMART goals bring structure and trackability towards a certain objective so you can use your time and resources productively and increase your chances of achieving what you want in life.
To make sure your goals are clear and reachable, each one should be:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
What exactly is it you want to achieve? How, when and where will it happen?
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
What will it look like if you achieve your objective? What evidence will show you have been successful?
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
Can you realistically reach your goal? A goal should be a challenge but shouldn’t be impossible.
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based)
Is it personal and why do you want to reach it?
- Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
When will you achieve it? All objectives need a deadline, which will hold accountability to your actions and progress.
FIVE REASONS TO REWARD YOURSELF FOR REACHING YOUR GOALS
1. It keeps you motivated.
2. It makes you feel good.
3. Because if you don’t, then who will?
4. You’ll be inclined to work harder.
5. Because it serves as a reminder that hard work pays off!
LOOKING FOR A GOOD INCENTIVE OR REWARD?
Booking a photoshoot a few months in advance is a brilliant incentive and a perfect way to celebrate an achievement. Not only will it make you feel good, it will also keep you motivated to stay on track and give time limit to reach your goals – there is nothing like a deadline to focus your mind.
Whether you want to loose weight, write that book or pursue a new personal or professional goal – I would love to help motivate you to achieve your goals in 2018!